About us – All India Institute of Ayurveda
All India Institute of Ayurveda (AIIA) is the premiere national institute for ayurvedic research and education. Established in 1976, AIIA caters to a wide range of academic, research and clinical activities at different levels.AIIA’s mission is to bring together ayurvedic doctors, teachers, researchers and practitioners from all over the world under one roof and share knowledge, experiences and resources in service of a healthy society.
Today, AIIA is an integral part of India’s health care infrastructure that spans across education, research and health care delivery system. The institute strives hard to preserve traditional ayurvedic wisdom by generating new insights into its philosophy and applications through scientific rigor. It also works towards providing holistic approach through integration of mental, spiritual as well as physical health aspects in its practice. Additionally it has taken up initiatives to ensure equitable access to quality healthcare for all sections of the socially neglected communities. AIIA thus exemplifies not just modern medical practices but also contains the essence of ancient wisdom which itself defines its significance in today’s world addressing to our growing needs human needs looking at holistic development without casting down any religion or community related boundaries whatsoever.
To be an institution of excellence in Ayurvedic education, research and healthcare services by creating a holistic system focused on innovation, affordability, ethical and sustainable practices.
- To provide the highest level of quality education in Ayurveda through comprehensive programs based on traditional and modern Ayurvedic principles.
- To ensure the effective integration of basic sciences, modern medical sciences and clinical skills with the traditional practice of Ayurveda.
- To promote research activities to develop new knowledge and practices in ayurvedic sciences.
- To provide compassionate health care services based on ayurvedic principles for preventive, promotive, curative and rehabilitative needs of patients from all socio-economic backgrounds.
- To empower individuals through community outreach by providing affordable health care services as well as raising awareness about ayurveda among public.
The All India Institute of Ayurveda (AIIA) was established on 12th November 2014, by the Government of India to promote excellence in Ayurveda, Yoga and Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha and Homoeopathy (AYUSH), across the Nation. AIIA is a premier autonomous institute dedicated to education, research, service and production in the field of AYUSH. The goal of AIIA is to develop it into an Institution of International repute for training, teaching and providing state-of-the-art patient care.
AIIA currently offers various Bachelor’s Degrees and post graduate Diploma /Master’s/Doctoral Programs in Ayurveda Medicine & Surgery as well as related allied sciences like Pharmaceuticals Sciences, Panchakarma Therapy. AIIA also has research projects with support from both governmentally funded organizations as well as some major industries/companies such as INDOCRINE (Partnership Research Center on Herbal Drug Development). Many students have enrolled in AIIA to pursue their dreams leading to excellent careers in the field of medicine.
In terms of infrastructure facilities & technologies, AIIA boasts its own R&D laboratory which caters to the need for curriculum development, drug designing projects & clinical trials for Department’s activities. AIIA also has an herbal garden which provides a wide variety of experiential learning opportunities for researchers and students alike.Integrated Hospital management systems are being implemented at All India Institute of Ayurveda , Sarita Vihar Delhi. It is equipped with EMR solution with HL7 interface capabilities catering to all administrative departments including Medical records , pharmacy & diagnostics , accounts billing , HRM etc.1 In addition AIIA also has modern medical facilities such as Male Surgical Unit , Female Surgical Unit , OPD Ward & Intrahospital Diagnostic Centers
In 2020,as a mark of appreciation for the firm commitment towards quality education Dr Amrit Sachdeva Chief Executive Officer – Delhi Health System became All India Institute Of Ayurveda awardee 2 .Apart from this inaugural Corporate Social Responsibility award Nandini Sharma Principal Secretary at the Department Of AYUSH Haryana became Convener Proficiency Awardee Of The Year awarded by All India Institute Of Ayurveda.
- Ensure patient safety and quality medical care – Implement protocols for safe and effective practice, such as infection control measures, protective equipment, waste management policies and other safety standards.
- Follow ethical guidelines – Abide by the code of ethics of Ayurveda practitioners and maintain the trust between patient and practitioner.
- Promote Disease Prevention – Pursue preventative interventions such as lifestyle changes, yoga, ayurvedic nutrition, etc., which aim to prevent or reduce onset of diseases.
- Create an equitable work environment – Fairness in hiring practices and ensure equal chances for all employees regardless of gender or other related characteristics or attitudes.
- Nurture a culture of evidence-based practice – Invest in continual education programs that include skills development for faculty and students; implement best practices in research methods used to evaluate the efficacy of ayurvedic clinical treatments; introduce quality assurance procedures for clinical practice.
- Protect the rights of patients – Safeguard vulnerable populations from exploitation by incorporating comprehensive informed consent process prior to treatment; refer underprivileged cases to established NGOs where affordable health care is available; create means for patient feedback to identify areas where more attention is needed in order to improve patient-centred care outcomes for all individuals who seek medical advice from AIIA practitioners
- Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery (BAMS)
- Master of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery (MAMS)
- Doctorate of Ayurvedic Medicine (DAM)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Accupressure & Yoga Therapy
- Post Graduate Diploma in Panchakarma Therapy
- Certificate Course in Ayurvedic Compounding & Dispensing
- Certificate Course in Marma Therapy
- Certificate Course in Yoga Therapy
- Advanced Certificate Course in Panchakarma Therapy
- Advanced Certificate Course in Agad Tantra & Vidhi Vaidyaka
- Ayurveda Research and Development Forum (ARDTF)
- Association of Physiotherapists for Community Service
- Meditation Society
- Social Justice Cell (SJC)
- Women’s Studies Club
- Rejuvenation Therapy Club
- All India Management Students’ Association (AIMSA)
- National Health Students’ Council (NHSC)
- Sanskrit Scholars Society
- Yoga and Naturopathy Society