|Dr. Jaswinder Singh
|M6W5+9M8, University Of Delhi, Arts Faculty Rd, University Enclave, New Delhi, Delhi 110007
|Nearest Metro Station:
|G.T.B Nagar Metro Station
|011 2766 7469
|firstname.lastname@example.org ; email@example.com
About Sri Guru Tegh Bahadur Khalsa College
Sri Guru Tegh Bahadur Khalsa College, an esteemed educational institution established in 1922, boasts a legacy spanning over ninety-four years, characterised by an unwavering commitment to academic excellence, social values, and spiritual guidance.
Affiliated with the University of Delhi, this institution offers a diverse array of degrees, diplomas, and courses across various academic disciplines, encompassing Arts & Commerce, Computers & IT, Science & Technology, and Humanities & Social Sciences.
The institution’s mission is to nurture the aspiring minds that seek its embrace, furnishing them with exceptional educational opportunities that prepare them for a successful professional journey. At its core, the college prides itself on a remarkable faculty, comprising highly qualified educators with extensive experience in their respective fields. These educators employ interactive teaching methods to facilitate deep comprehension and foster independent thought among their students.
SGTB Khalsa College stands as a beacon of integrity, ethical principles, and responsible citizenship throughout the nation. It accomplishes this by imparting exemplary education through innovative pedagogical approaches.
The institution remains adaptive to evolving times, continuously integrating modern technologies into its programs to stay competitive in today’s dynamic landscape. Consequently, the college strives not only for academic excellence but also for nurturing bright minds equipped to confront the global challenges of tomorrow.
Beyond academics, the institution actively encourages its students to participate in a plethora of activities, including seminars and workshops that provide exposure beyond the confines of traditional classrooms. Furthermore, numerous creative clubs such as literary societies and film societies, along with artistic societies, serve as platforms for nurturing innate talents, fostering well-rounded personalities among the student body.
What truly sets Sri Guru Tegh Bahadur (SGTB) Khalsa College apart is the robust institutional support offered by its accomplished alumni. This support plays a pivotal role in the intellectual maturation of students throughout their educational journey, rendering the college unique in its approach to holistic learning.
The institution looks forward to providing an all-encompassing educational experience that not only equips students with knowledge but also with the skills and opportunities required to realise their dreams in the professional realm.
Vision and Mission of Sri Guru Tegh Bahadur Khalsa College
The mission is to nurture successive generations of empowered young individuals through a holistic and values-driven educational approach, fostering their development into conscientious and globally aware citizens who actively contribute to the betterment of our world.
- Their primary objective is the establishment of a secure and nurturing learning environment that facilitates the comprehensive growth of every student within their care.
- They are dedicated to cultivating elevated academic benchmarks, actively nurturing the sparks of creativity, and stimulating critical thought processes amongst their students.
- Furthermore, they are committed to the continuous development of their staff, ensuring they possess the most contemporary knowledge and employ innovative pedagogical methodologies.
- In addition to academic pursuits, their focus extends to fostering an atmosphere of mutual respect and comprehension among students hailing from diverse cultural backgrounds, while simultaneously championing the principles of global citizenship.
- They actively engage the community in their endeavours, encouraging broad participation to catalyse holistic societal progress and usher in a positive transformation.
History of Sri Guru Tegh Bahadur Khalsa College
Sri Guru Tegh Bahadur Khalsa College, established on the 29th of August 1939 in honour of the Ninth Sikh Guru, Sri Guru Tegh Bahadur, stands as the First Constituent College of Delhi University. The foundation of this esteemed institution was laid by the eminent Indian leader, Sri Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru.
This venerable institution boasts an impressive 82-year legacy of providing high-quality education to its students. Over this extended period, it has consistently excelled academically and has nurtured exceptional talents across various domains, including medicine, engineering, finance, technology, literature, and languages.
With over six decades of continuous operation marked by academic excellence, it proudly holds the distinction of being one of India’s oldest college campuses.
In the 2020-21 session, the college celebrated its 83rd Foundation Day and commenced admissions for the 2021-22 session, offering programs such as B.A. (Programme), B.A./B Sc.(Hons.) BioChemistry & Physics, BSc Life Sciences, BSc Computer Science, and BSc Physical Sciences. It continues to make significant contributions to the history of academic excellence at Delhi University, a legacy that will endure in the annals of educational achievements.
Best Practices of Sri Guru Tegh Bahadur Khalsa College
- To establish clear and consistent behaviour and academic performance standards. Teachers need to effectively communicate these expectations throughout the class, which involves setting ground rules, offering reminders as needed, enforcing consequences when necessary, and providing positive reinforcement for meeting these expectations.
- Instead of relying solely on lectures or worksheets, effective teaching strategies encompass active learning models such as project-based and inquiry-based learning, fostering cooperative groups, implementing differentiated instruction, employing formative assessment techniques, utilising strategic questioning methods, and integrating technology when appropriate.
- To ensure student success, it is imperative to cultivate relationships based on mutual respect. This entails recognizing individual strengths, maintaining an approachable demeanour, establishing a safe learning environment that encourages students to explore their interests, being available for students beyond class hours, exhibiting professionalism consistently, taking an active interest in each student’s personal growth, and recognizing and rewarding effort rather than solely praising intelligence or aptitude.
- To integrate suitable technology in the classroom to promote active engagement and facilitate a deeper understanding of the subject matter. This approach also minimises disruptive behaviours commonly associated with traditional teaching methods like lecturing or worksheets.
Research at Sri Guru Tegh Bahadur Khalsa College
Sri Guru Tegh Bahadur Khalsa College, part of the University of Delhi, is a premier institution for higher education in India. The college seeks to provide students with an environment for rigorous academic inquiry and critical thinking. Research plays an important role within this atmosphere, and there are a variety of avenues that enable students to pursue further inquiry beyond the boundaries of their studies.
The college actively promotes student research through a range of initiatives. Students have the opportunity to participate in research projects as consultants, assisting professors with their work and gaining real-world experience.
In all these ways, SGTB Khalsa College fosters a culture that values knowledge-seeking through research motivated by original thought and experimentation across various fields of study thereby enabling its students to explore numerous academic opportunities within and outside the curricula provided for them to reach their full potential.
University of Delhi often uploads details about several research projects on its official website. To become a part of the projects you need to explore the Delhi University website regularly.
Here are some research projects conducted by SGTB Khalsa College:
- An attempt to study the impact of curricular activities on the mental well-being of students
- To analyse the perception of gender-related issues in college students.
- Learnings from case studies regarding Mental Health Awareness among youth in an urban context
- Research into factors influencing academic performance among GNDU-affiliated colleges
- Investigating the influence of leadership traits on organisational profitability and effectiveness
- Understanding the importance of feedback and tuition services for effective student development
- Effectiveness of online versus traditional classroom teaching in higher education institutions
- Correlating Cognitive Ability with personality traits among engineering students in SGTB Khalsa College, Delhi University
Fee Structure and Eligibility Criteria of Sri Guru Tegh Bahadur Khalsa College
|INR 23,480 (1st Year Fee)
|INR 29,480 (1st Year Fee)
|INR 35,260 (Total Fee)
|INR 35,090 (Total Fee)
|INR 29,480 (1st Year Fee)
|INR 23,480 (1st Year Fee)
|INR 35,210 (Total Fee)
Courses Offered at Sri Guru Tegh Bahadur Khalsa College
Under-Graduate Arts Courses
- B.A. (Honours) Business Economics
- B.A. (Honours) Economics
- B.A. (Honours) English
- B.A. (Honours) Hindi
- B.A. (Honours) History
- B.A. (Honours) Humanities and Social Sciences (erstwhile B.A. Programme)
- B.A. (Honours) Political Science
- B.A. (Honours) Punjabi
Under-Graduate Commerce Courses
- B.Com. (Honours)
- Bachelor in Commerce Studies (erstwhile B.Com. Programme)
Under-Graduate Science Courses
- B.Sc. (Honours) Botany
- B.Sc. (Honours) Chemistry
- B.Sc. (Honours) Computer Science
- B.Sc. (Honours) Electronic Science
- B.Sc. (Honours) Life Science (erstwhile B.Sc. Programme Life Science)
- B.Sc. (Honours) Mathematics
- B.Sc. (Honours) Physical Science (erstwhile B.Sc. Programme Physical Science)
- B.Sc. (Honours) Physics
- B.Sc. (Honours) Zoology
Post-Graduate Arts Courses
- M.A. Economics
- M.A. English
- M.A. Hindi
- M.A. History
- M.A. Political Science
- M.A. Punjabi
Post-Graduate Commerce Courses
Post-Graduate Science Courses
- M.Sc. Botany
- M.Sc. Chemistry
- M.Sc. Mathematics
- M.Sc. Physics
- M.Sc. Zoology
- Forensic Science
How to Get Admission to Sri Guru Tegh Bahadur Khalsa College
Are you a talented and ambitious student seeking to embark on a rewarding academic journey? Look no further than Sri Guru Tegh Bahadur Khalsa College, an esteemed institution known for its rich history, excellent facilities, and unparalleled learning experiences. As a North-campus college, it stands out from the rest, not falling within the confines of the North or South Campus of Delhi University.
Admission to Sri Guru Tegh Bahadur Khalsa College is highly sought after and competitive, with the gateway being the CUET Entrance Test. To learn more about the test and its requirements,
The college boasts an outstanding faculty known for their dedication to imparting knowledge and inspiring students to unleash their full potential. Their guidance and mentorship play a vital role in shaping well-rounded individuals ready to face real-world challenges.
Sri Guru Tegh Bahadur Khalsa College’s commitment to excellence is evident across various disciplines, including Science, Arts and Commerce. Regardless of your interests and aspirations, you’re likely to find a suitable academic program that aligns perfectly with your passion.
As the new academic year approaches, the atmosphere at Sri Guru Tegh Bahadur Khalsa College is charged with anticipation and excitement. Students from diverse backgrounds eagerly await the opportunity to be a part of this vibrant community. The college’s consistently high rankings within Delhi University’s ecosystem are a testament to its unwavering commitment to quality education.
Furthermore, apart from academic excellence, the college values individuals who are well-rounded and engaged in extracurricular activities. Exhibiting leadership qualities, a passion for social causes, and the ability to think critically are attributes that will set you apart during the admission process.
Once you secure your admission to Sri Guru Tegh Bahadur Khalsa College, you’ll be welcomed into a vibrant campus life. The college offers a plethora of clubs, societies, and events that provide opportunities for personal growth and networking.
Sri Guru Tegh Bahadur Khalsa College Admission Procedure
Figuring out the admission procedures of DU colleges can be a tedious task. But with DU Squad’s guide on DU Admission Procedure, you can learn everything about DU admissions in detail and in simplified words.
What Facilities are Available at Sri Guru Tegh Bahadur Khalsa College
Scholarships Available at Sri Guru Tegh Bahadur Khalsa College
Are you a bright student looking to pursue an education at one of India’s most prestigious universities? Well, look no further than Sri Guru Tegh Bahadur Khalsa College’s scholarship program! This program is dedicated to helping academically talented individuals achieve their dreams by providing financial support throughout their studies.
With various scholarships available, including merit-based and need-based options, Sri Guru Tegh Bahadur Khalsa College strives to ensure equal access to higher education for all. Not only will these scholarships help ease the burden of tuition fees, but they also offer additional perks such as research opportunities, internships, and more.
Sri Guru Tegh Bahadur Khalsa College extends its provision of scholarships to not only students who exhibit exceptional merit but also to those hailing from economically disadvantaged backgrounds. Among the array of scholarships that the college offers, the Gambhir Memorial Scholarship merits mention, providing a generous sum of INR 1000 to deserving students.
Another noteworthy scholarship within the college’s offerings is the esteemed Shrimati Lajwanti Gupta Scholarship.
Sri Guru Tegh Bahadur Khalsa College Scholarship Programs
Getting a scholarship in DU is none less than a feat in itself. To know more about DU Scholarship Programs in detail read the informative articles on DU Squad.
Placements at Sri Guru Tegh Bahadur Khalsa College
The Placement Cell, in addition to bringing a diverse array of recruiters to the campus, also organises talks, seminars on studying abroad, internship opportunities, and workshops for the entire student body. The Training and Placement Cell of the college offers several facilities on the college premises.
It conducts mock personal interviews and group discussions to familiarise students with the selection procedures. The cell arranges for summer industrial training, internships, and final placements for the students. It also organises industrial visits and industry-oriented training programs. Furthermore, professional guest speakers are invited to provide necessary insights for these activities.
The campus witnesses visits from major companies during the annual placement drive. Some of the prominent recruiters at Sri Guru Tegh Bahadur Khalsa College include E&Y, KPMG, Deloitte, PWC, Zomato, SBI, Grant Thornton, TCS, Wipro, Tech Mahindra, IBM Daksh, Genpact, ICICI Prudential, S&P Global Market Intelligence, Protiviti, and Housing.com.
SGTB Khalsa College Societies
- Literary Society
- Debating Society
- Entrepreneurship & Management Club
- Science and Technology Forum
- Art and Photography Society
- Outdoor Adventure Club
- Music and Performing Arts Society
- Law Union and Awareness Forum
- HELP charity society
- Sports Club
Sri Guru Tegh Bahadur Khalsa College Ranking, Accreditation and Affiliation
Sri Guru Tegh Bahadur Khalsa College, located in New Delhi, has a rich history, dating back to its establishment in 1951. This esteemed institution stands out as an autonomous college within the University of Delhi. It has garnered significant recognition, as evidenced by its accreditation with an ‘A’ grade by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC).
In the realm of academic excellence, SGTB Khalsa College has continued to shine brightly. In the NIRF report 2023 the college proudly secured an impressive 30th position, a testament to its commitment to providing quality education and fostering an environment of scholarly growth.