About us – Sri Venkateswara College
Sri Venkateswara College is a premier educational institution serving the educational needs of more than 4,000 students. Established in 1959, the college has grown to become one of the leading venues for higher education in India.
The college offers a variety of courses in Humanities and Social Sciences, Commerce and Business Administration, Science and Technology, and Law. Dedicated faculty are committed to providing quality education to each student. The campus plays host many national-level seminars and workshops that promote knowledge sharing amongst students across the country. Cultural activities such as drama, music, dance performances and debates also provide students with avenues to explore their creativity. It also provides excellent facilities for sports and recreational purposes with state-of-the-art amenities like gymnasiums, a swimming pool and badminton courts. Sri Venkateswara College strives to build a vibrant community of scholars from diverse backgrounds who work together towards developing innovative solutions for society’s challenges as well as academic excellence in all fields.
To create an environment of intellectual, spiritual and ethical development for students to flourish in a knowledge-driven society.
To promote holistic education that is grounded in moral values nurtures innovative thinking, and encourages social responsibility amongst our students. We aim to nurture an intellectually vibrant environment where learners become creative problem-solvers, life-long learners and active citizens of the world.
Sri Venkateswara College or Venky’s, as it is popularly known, was established in 1961 by the Tirumala Tirupati Devasthanams. It was initially affiliated with the University of Delhi and came under the ambit of the University of Delhi in 1968. Located in South Campus, both undergraduate and postgraduate courses are offered here in the Arts and Commerce streams.
The college started its operations with just 272 students and 11 teaching faculty members, but since then it has made great strides in cultivating excellence across all academic disciplines. Sri Venkateswara College is a renowned institution known for its academic excellence and spirit of friendship amongst students due to its formative years spent as part of Hindu College, which had similar camaraderie amongst alumni. Primarily catering to the educational needs of backward communities from rural areas of Andhra Pradesh, Sri Venkateswara College has inspired thousands over the past five decades to strive for excellence at every turn and produce several successful alumni who have become doctors, professors, engineers, and professionals etc., around the world.
Best Practices at Sri Venkateswara College of Engineering (SVCE) can vary depending on the discipline, however, there are some key principles college administrators, faculty, and students should abide by.
- Respect: SVCE encourages everyone to be respectful of all individuals on campus, including the students, staff and faculty. This includes respecting others’ perspectives and ideas while creating an inclusive environment in classrooms and other parts of the college.
- Good Communication: It is important for everyone to practice active listening in order to understand each other’s perspectives as well as share their thoughts positively. At SVCE faculty should actively listen to student queries – which can help them improve their teaching methods. Additionally, clear communication amongst peers is highly encouraged.
- Time Management: This includes planning ahead for classes, projects and exams. Faculty must clarify appropriate deadlines before the start of each class and make sure that both faculty and students abide by it. Apart from this, taking good care of one’s health – mentally and physically, is also an important best practice for both students and staff members at SVCE.
- Promote Sustainable Practices: As part of its commitment towards environmental sustainability, SVCE advocates its members to promote sustainable practices like responsible waste management, energy conservation etc.,
- Collaborative Learning: Working together in groups helps foster problem-solving skills, which can be useful throughout life, no matter what field or profession one chooses during or after a college education. Therefore, SVCE encourages students to participate actively in team projects or assignments which can help foster collaborative learning experiences that enhance their creativity while developing practical skills they require after college too!
- B.A. in English
- B.Sc (Honours) in Mathematics
- B.Com (Honours)
- BBA (Bachelor of Business Administration)
- MCA (Master of Computer Applications)
- MA in Journalism and Mass Communication
- PG Diploma in Business Management
- LLB (Bachelor of Laws)
- BA Hindi Honours
- Diploma in Interior Designing
- Electronics and Communication Society
- Design Thinking Society
- Eco-Friendly Club
- Astronomy Club
- Artificial Intelligence Society
- Robotics Society
- Computer Science Society
- Student IT Association
- Debate and Literary Society
- Red Ribbon Club (HIV/AIDS Awareness)
- E-Cell (Entrepreneurship Development Network)
- Quizzing and General Knowledge Society
- Photography & Videography Club