About us – Shaheed Bhagat Singh College
Shaheed Bhagat Singh College, established in 1967 and located in the heart of Delhi University’s North Campus, is one of the premier institutions of Delhi University. The college has built its legacy as a centre of excellence in teaching and research. It provides various specialized courses by dedicated faculty members to ensure the all-around grooming of its students.
Initiatives like Inter-College Events, Debate competitions and National Workshops are organized from time to time to nurture the extracurricular skills of the students. The college also has strong collaborations with several government organizations including All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), the Ministry of Science & Technology (MST) and the Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO).
The College’s library is also equipped with the latest e-Content and facilities for online learning so that dissemination of knowledge is always on. The Centre for Entrepreneurship Development (CED) has been established to equip students with enterprise skills so that more job opportunities become available to them. Overall, Shaheed Bhagat Singh College continues its mission to produce globally competent citizens who can contribute meaningfully to society through world-class education, state-of-the-art laboratory facilities and exceptional training techniques.
To be a world-class educational institution dedicated to promoting academic excellence and overall personality development of its students by imparting quality education.
- To cultivate an environment of critical thinking, intellectual curiosity and creativity amongst the students.
- To strengthen the core values of integrity, honesty and respect for others.
- To foster excellence in research, teaching and innovation through interdisciplinary collaboration.
- To establish strong linkages with the industry and community to enable a better understanding of various professional avenues open for skilled graduates from our college.
- To provide access to quality education and skill enhancement programmes to all aspiring learners coming from diverse backgrounds.
- To promote talent development through personality enrichment activities such as sports, art and cultural events, thus introducing holistic learning in the campus life of our college.
Bhagat Singh College was established in 1967 through an act of the Delhi Legislative assembly. It was the first college to be set up by the Government of Delhi. The college is conceived as a social project, providing quality higher education to children from poorer families and those who are underprivileged. The main aspiration of the institution was to develop an educational system which would foster secularism and national integration, which would also help develop student’s capacities for critical thinking, objective analysis as well as creativity and values such as discipline and humanism
The college started with four departments: History, Biochemistry, Commerce, and Economics. With the increasing demand for higher education in Delhi and especially amongst its underprivileged population, Bhagat Singh College introduced more departments like English, mathematics and Computer science. In 2003-2004, two new courses were introduced-Bachelors in Information Technology (BIT) & B.A (Hons.) Geography
Today this premier institution caters for more than 3000 students with 10 different UG Courses being offered in Arts & Commerce streams. Strongly committed to bringing out quality graduates from its platform, Bhagat Singh College has become one of the leading institutions imparting affordable Higher Education in Delhi. It offers PG courses in Chemistry and Mathematics.
- Arrive and Set Up Early: This allows you enough time to become completely acquainted with the venue before the crowd arrives, familiarize yourself with the equipment available, equipment to be used, and sound settings that can be experimented with.
- Have a Plan: Make sure your plan for the session is well thought through and be prepared for contingencies. This basically means if something doesn’t go as planned, how will you handle it? Will you do it again? Talk about it some other way?
- Stick To The Plan/Timeline: You know who your target audience is and what issues/topics you want to cover in this session; so stick to what was decided beforehand, otherwise it may create an atmosphere of chaos while participants get confused on which topic to pursue next.
- Practice With A Test Audience Beforehand: Inviting family members or friends over gives you a better idea of how people will react once they are inside your classroom. This can give you insights into any valuable points that may be missing in your presentation, which would add value during your actual presentation at the college campus.
- Prepare Materials In Advance: Always prepare materials in advance such as handouts and audio/video recordings required for presentation because there is no time during the presentation timeframe itself to arrange resources, neither did anyone go looking for missing items at times when everything needs to start off in a jiffy! In addition, prepare extra supplies just in case some get lost en route, or before it’s delivered to college premises.
- BSc Maths (Hons)
- BSc Chemistry (Hons)
- BSc Computer Science (Hons)
- BA English (Hons)
- BA Economics (Hons)
- BA History (Hons)
- BA Sociology (Hons)
- BCom Program
- Foundation Courses of PGDITM, MPhil Mathematics and Post Graduate Diploma in Computer Applications
- Debating Society
- MUN Society
- Photography and Videography Society
- Music & Dance Society
- Dramatics Society
- Literature and Creative Writing Society
- Quiz & Events society
- Entrepreneurship Cell
- Science and Technology Forum
- Environmental Forum
- Art and Craft Society
- Fitness, Health and Wellness Society
- Fine Arts and Designing Club