About us – Vivekananda College
Vivekananda College is an esteemed institution in India. Established in 1990, it is one of the premier educational institutions in the country, offering quality education to thousands of students. The college provides a vibrant learning environment with state-of-the-art facilities and abundant opportunities to pursue scholarly activity and research in various fields. Our vision is to develop future leaders and scholars through holistic education, meaningful engagement and a commitment to inquiry and critical thinking. The aim is to empower our students with an in-depth understanding of the subject, as well as inculcate values that will help shape their life.
We strive for academic excellence not just through traditional methods, but also by collaborating with other educational institutes for the mutual exchange of ideas. This gives us insight into cutting-edge research happening around the world and helps us adopt modern pedagogic practices from time to time. Furthermore, our mission is to build a student-able community by imparting resilient skills that are relevant in this world of globalization.
Vivekananda College encourages its student body to be intellectually curious, innovative and outspoken while maintaining ethical integrity in all its undertakings. We nurture varied talents among our students and host frequent events, both cultural & technical competitions, through which they can hone their skills. Our faculty take special initiatives such as workshops and interdisciplinary seminars for student development, be it creative or analytical abilities. Thus, we promote excellence among students along with instilling humanistic values so that our past & present students establish connections among themselves thus maintaining pride in being part of the Vivekananda College family!
To foster holistic excellence for all our students to become enlightened global citizens equipped with the knowledge, skills and attitude required to succeed in a digitally connected world.
To create a vibrant learning culture that nurtures intellectual curiosity and instils strong values, enabling our students to excel academically, socially and ethically in an ever-changing global environment.
Vivekananda College was established in 1920. It is affiliated with the University of Delhi. The college has been providing quality education for more than nine decades and has been recognized as one of the leading colleges in India. It is one of the oldest educational institutions in Delhi, and its alumni include prominent figures from Indian society including former Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, former President Pratibha Patil, Congress President Sonia Gandhi, Union ministers Sushma Swaraj and Arun Jaitley among many others.
The college follows a holistic approach towards teaching and learning, with an emphasis on experiential learning. It offers courses ranging from UG to PG levels across disciplines such as Science, Commerce, Humanities and Social Sciences Among other things, they hold special events like NSS Camps, seminars and symposiums throughout the year which focus on contemporary issues like gender equality, environmental protection and human rights.
Aside from academic activities, Vivekananda College also invests time and resources to promote various co-curricular activities for the overall personality development of students. These activities comprise sports competitions like football tournaments or cricket matches; cultural programs that give students an opportunity to hone their skills in performing arts; social engagement through campaigns against sexual harassment in the workplace or drug abuse; conferences that nurture innovative ideas with intellectual debates; trips that help students connect with different cultures around India; skill-building workshops based on photography or creative writing etc. Having gone through so much evolution over 85 years of service to society, Vivekananda College aims to reach greater heights while staying true to its vision – “Contributing towards Nation Building Through Education”.
- Respect diversity: Vivekananda College should embrace and celebrate the unique talents, experiences and perspectives of its students.
- Foster a safe environment: The college should ensure that all its members feel safe and respected, free from discrimination or acts of violence.
- Promote inclusive policies: Vivekananda College should create formal policies and procedures to establish guidelines for a positive, inclusive campus climate by encouraging participation amongst all members of the college community.
- Develop strong relationships: It is important that strong working relationships are established between faculty/administrators and students in order to foster trust and open communication.
- Promote effective dialogue: The college should encourage open dialogue by creating forums for students to share their views through discussion boards, lectures, or symposia.
- Encourage career service opportunities: By providing resources such as mentorship programs or job fairs, Vivekananda College can help students develop marketable skills relevant to the real world beyond graduation day.
- Support student activities: Vivekananda College can promote a vibrant culture within the campus community by providing support for student clubs and activities throughout the school year.
- Bachelor of Technology (BTech)
- Master of Technology (MTech)
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Automation and Robotics (PGDAR)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Electronics & Communication Engineering (PDGEcE)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Computer Science & Engineering (PGDCS&E)
- Bachelors in Information Technology (BIT)
- Master Of Science In Digital Enterprise Management(MSDEM)
- Masters In Machine Learning And Artificial Intelligence(MSMLAI)
- Vivekananda Library Society
- Arts & Culture Society
- Photography Society
- Robotics Society
- English Literary Association
- BPO/ITES Club
- Astronomy Society
- Language Learning Clubs
- Community Service Welfare Associations