About us – Zakir Husain Post Graduate Evening College
Located in the heart of the city, this institution has been an educational centre par excellence since its inception over sixty five years ago. With a student strength of over 4,000, it is one of the best postgraduate colleges in Delhi NCR.
The college offers various courses such as Law, Computer Science and Engineering, Business Administration and Management; Arts, Social Sciences, Physical Education and Music just to name a few. The faculty at Zakir Husain boasts years of experience in teaching and includes some of the most eminent scientists, scholars and academicians on its team. Moreover, practical exposure is provided through several workshops conducted by industry professionals to enable students to stay ahead in their subject knowledge and gain relevant skills that can be used in real life situations.
At Zakir Husain Post Graduate Evening College we proudly strive for excellence in all our endeavours. We take pride in nurturing individuals with great potential to become corporate leaders or researchers through an ambience of dedication and commitment towards their studies.
Our vision is to provide high quality education that promotes learning, collaboration and excellence while encouraging students to think critically and work together to develop the skills, knowledge and attitudes necessary for future success.
Our mission at Zakir Husain Post Graduate Evening College is to provide a stimulating teaching environment that results in an effective learning experience for every student. We strive to foster an enthusiasm for lifelong learning by providing rigorous coursework and challenging opportunities through our innovative curriculum which reflects current advances in the discipline. Through fostering collaboration among faculty, staff, and students of different backgrounds, we create an environment that cultivates creativity, respect for diversity, individual growth, ethical conduct and a commitment to service.
The Zakir Husain Post Graduate Evening College, located within the premises of University of Delhi, was founded in 1964 in memory of the late Dr. Zakir Hussain. It offers courses to mature learners who are unable to pursue full-time campus study. The college is accredited with a Grade ‘A’ by NAAC (National Assessment and Accreditation Council) and currently has over 6,000 students enrolled across 28 courses at various levels including undergraduate courses, postgraduate courses and professional courses. The college provides excellent standards for its students in terms of academic content as well as physical infrastructure such as laboratories, computer labs, library and sports facilities which makes it one of the leading institutions in Delhi University. The college also has an active placement cell which takes care of the career counseling and placement needs of its students. The college is known for its ebullience in cultural activities ranging from the Annual Function to co-curricular activities such as debates, seminars, street plays and special lectures making it an ideal environment to gain knowledge inside out.
- Follow Code of Conduct: All faculty, staff, and students need to adhere to the college’s code of conduct at all times on campus or in any college-related setting
- Attendance: It is important that both faculty and students attend classes regularly and comply with attendance policies
- Respect for Others: Everyone must be respectful of the rights, dignity, feelings and property of others no matter their cultural backgrounds or beliefs
- Responsibility for Property: Students and faculty are responsible for taking care of the college’s property and complying with the rules when using it
- Communication: Promote open dialogue between faculty, staff, and students on a range of topics from student engagement to best practices in teaching methodology
- Student Involvement: Invite students to participate in committees that require input from members outside the traditional teaching organization structure such as department chairs or deanships
- Assistive Technology: As far as possible provide access to assistive technology such as text-to-speech reading software to help those with special educational needs learn more effectively while still receiving equal educational opportunities within specialized ADA compliant settings when necessary
- Civic Awareness Programs & Community Outreach Initiatives : Encourage civic awareness programs through non-curricular activities like guest lecture, seminars & workshops conducted by local NGOs doing public service projects to engage all segments of society more deeply with Zakir Husain PG Evening College initiatives , & also promote various community outreach initiatives within the college
- Inclusiveness : Place particular emphasis on embracing diversity amongst faculty ,staff & student body who come from different religious backgrounds , cultures , global locations etc. Try & provide positive learning environment for everyone where every opinion is respected , appreciated & heard . This would also ensure a hostile free school culture no matter what one’s spiritual leaning was
- Bachelor of Commerce
- Bachelor of Business Administration
- Bachelor of Arts (Honours)
- Master of Commerce
- Master of Arts (Economics)
- Master of Arts (History)
- Master of Science (Mathematics)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Computer Applications
- Post Graduate Diploma in Management & Entrepreneurship
- Professional/Certificate Course in Foreign Languages
- Debate and Discussion Society
- English Literary Society
- Hindi Sahitya Sammelan
- Multimedia and Professional Grooming Society
- Language & Vocabulary Learning Society
- Library & Reading Promotion Society
- Music & Arts Club
- Social Service Forum
- Yoga & Adventure Sports Club
- Photography & Cinematography Club