About us – Ramanujan College
Ramanujan College is a prestigious higher educational institution located in the city of Delhi, India. Established in 1997, it was named after the renowned mathematician Srinivas Ramanujan and has since been providing exceptional academic opportunities to students from all over India.
Ramanujan College offers courses ranging from undergraduate degrees to Masters in multiple disciplines such as Arts, Science, Commerce and Computer Science. It also has a top-notch research faculty which works on innovative research projects for both national and international funding agencies.
Apart from traditional schooling, Ramanujan college also looks into various student engagement activities like sports, debates and quizzing competitions. On-campus events and community learning networks are a part of the larger curriculum that helps to build leadership qualities among our students. The college also provides several scholarships to deserving students who cannot afford quality education due to financial constraints.
The college prides itself on creating a safe and secure academic environment with favourable learning conditions. Students have access to world-class technological infrastructure including Wi-Fi facilities, multimedia classrooms and state-of-art computer labs for real-time education results for learning anytime anywhere.
At Ramanujan college, we believe that education is the way forward for success in life, so we strive hard every day to impart quality education along with holistic development activities which will help our students become more successful individuals in their chosen field of study!
Vision And Mission
To become a leading college dedicated to diverse educational programmes and innovative research in the field of science and technology, enabling our students to pursue their academic and professional goals with confidence.
Ramanujan College will provide outstanding teaching and learning experiences through stimulating research-based instruction, developing critical thinking and analytical skills of our students; while striving for excellence in all endeavours while promoting creativity, collaboration and social responsibility.
Ramanujan College was founded in 1990 in New Delhi, India as a small college of engineering and technology. The college was named after Indian mathematician Srinivasa Ramanujan, and it was started with the vision to provide quality education in various fields of engineering, science, and technology. Over the years, the college has become one of India’s leading educational institutions and has become famous for its high-quality research activities.
In 1995, Ramanujan College established an Institute of Advanced Technologies to train students in emerging technologies such as Artificial Intelligence, Virtual Reality and Robotics. This institute has been instrumental in producing some of India’s top engineers over the past two decades.
The college has also been associated with many international universities, which have helped it expand its scope and reach even further. In 2002, it partnered with the University of Oxford to set up a joint research laboratory, which soon became renowned for its innovative work on computing technologies.
Since then, the College has grown rapidly both academically and technologically and today is a leader among similar institutions in India. Its alumni are working across major international firms such as Apple Inc., Microsoft Corporation, etc., while its faculty members are actively contributing to various aspects of life through their expertise in technology and research projects.
- Respect everyone in the community: Respect is fundamental in creating a safe, healthy learning and working environment. At Ramanujan College, we show respect for all students, faculty members and other staff by valuing their contributions and being mindful of their interests. This includes every single student, irrespective of his/her background or socioeconomic status.
- Promote a culture of open communication and feedback: Ramanujan College values honest communication among its members in order to foster a productive, collegial atmosphere. We will create an environment that encourages honest feedback so that both constructive criticism and praise can be shared easily without judgment or retribution. It’s also important to remember that not everyone is comfortable speaking up, so we should always offer tools and resources to ensure everyone can share their thoughts freely.
- Create a safe space for collaboration: We promote an inclusive learning environment by removing any obstacles to collaboration (e.g., language barriers, and gender biases). At Ramanujan College, there’s no room for fear or suspicion – individuals should feel free to approach others with questions or ideas without expecting any kind of retribution or judgment.
- Foster diversity through inclusion activities: We want all members of the college community to feel like they belong here, so we encourage participation in activities designed to foster cultural understanding and appreciation for different identities and perspectives. This could include things like organizing discussions about current events related to race, ethnicity or gender; hosting forums with guest speakers from marginalized communities; or offering courses that deal with power dynamics between different ages, genders, races etc.
- Encourage active listening: Active listening is one of the cornerstones of effective communication. At Ramanujan College we strive for an atmosphere where each person feels respected enough to speak openly without judgment from others – this starts with actively listening to what someone else has to say before responding with our own opinion.
- Bachelor of Arts (BA)
- Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA)
- Bachelor of Computer Applications (BCA)
- Bachelor of Commerce (B.Com)
- Bachelor of Science (BSc.)
- Master of Arts (MA)
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Master of Computer Applications (MCA)
- Master of Commerce (MCom.)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Management (PGDM)
- Ramanujan E-Cell
- National Cadet Corps (NCC)
- National Service Scheme (NSS)
- Eco Club
- Electronix Society
- Photography Club
- Music and Drama Club
- Rotaract Club of Delhi University North Campus
- Quiz Society
- Performing Arts Society
- Cultural and Literary Club