About us – Sri Aurobindo College (Evening)
Welcome to the Sri Aurobindo College (Evening)! For over 50 years, we have provided quality education and diverse opportunities to thousands of students in Delhi. We are a part of the University of Delhi’s family of renowned colleges, and believe in fostering excellence through pursuit of knowledge and skills. Our college offers various courses – B.Com (Hons), B.A., BBA, and vocational courses – to help our students pursue their dreams professionally, build valuable skills, and get job-ready. Our experienced faculty members take personal interest in each student’s development, and provide constant guidance at every step. Our state-of-the-art labs along with modern infrastructure facilities enable students to understand concepts better and learn more effectively. So come join us today and become a part of this vibrant learning experience!
We at Sri Aurobindo College (Evening) strive to become a pioneering centre of learning, aiming to provide quality education in order to empower our students with the knowledge and skills required to succeed in their chosen fields. We are committed to fostering critical thinking, personal growth and social responsibility, working to create global citizens that inspire positive change.
We aim to educate, challenge and nurture our students through holistic learning opportunities. We strive for academic excellence by providing high standards of teaching and encouraging creative exploration of new ideas. Our programs promote life-long learning and develop independent thinkers capable of succeeding in an ever changing world. Furthermore, we seek to instill respect for human values across all cultural backgrounds and work towards creating an inclusive environment where diversity is celebrated.
The Sri Aurobindo College (Evening) was set up in 1977, to provide higher education opportunities to people who could not attend daytime classes because of their daily jobs. It offers undergraduate as well as postgraduate programmes and is affiliated to the University of Delhi. The college has produced some prominent alumni, including many who have gone on to become top civil servants, businessmen, actors and actresses among other fields. Ever since its establishment, the College has been producing outstanding students through its various courses. The college is known for its commitment towards excellence in academics as well as extra-curricular activities. It has state-of-the-art teaching facilities along with excellent faculties that help the students in honing their skills and grabbing each and every opportunity that comes their way.
- Maintain a safe, comfortable and clean learning environment by keeping the classrooms and common areas tidy and clutter-free.
- Establish rules for student conduct in the classroom setting, such as respecting peers, listening to instructions and following directions from faculty.
- Encourage students to seek out help when needed, set appropriate boundaries between staff and students, and provide guidance and direction for academic success.
- Promote meaningful communication between faculty, staff, students, administration and parents to create an open environment that fosters respect for diversity.
- Develop accurate records of college progress with up-to-date assessment scores, grades, attendance records and other important information so student performance can be monitored and improved on over time
- Implement a student wellness program that includes physical activity opportunities throughout the day as well as mental health resources if needed
- Provide access to quality technology like computers/laptops along with teaching strategies to enhance online learning experiences
- Support all extracurricular activities offered at Sri Aurobindo College (Evening) by encouraging involvement in a variety of hobbies outside school hours so they can practice self-expression while having fun
- Bachelor of Business Studies (BBS)
- Bachelor of Arts (BA)
- Bachelor of Commerce (Hons.)
- Master of Commerce (M.Com)
- Master of Education (M.Ed)
- Masters in Business Administration (MBA)
- Certificate Course in Eco-Accounting and Sustainable Development
- Certificate Course in Human Resource Management
- Diploma in Computer Applications & Programming
- Post Graduate Diploma in International Trade
- Debate Society
- Photography Society
- Art and Craft Society
- Sufi Society
- Music & Dance Society
- Creative Writing & Literature Society
- Theatre and Acting Society
- Public Speaking & Debating Society
- Media & Journalism Club
- Management and Economics Club