About us – Rajkumari Amrit Kaur College of Nursing
Established in 1982, we have a rich reputation as one of the best Colleges of Nursing in India. Located in the historic city of New Delhi, where the tradition of healthcare and education is centuries old, our faculty and professional staff are dedicated to providing our students with an exceptional education in nursing.
At Rajkumari Amrit Kaur College of Nursing, we strive for excellence. Our commitment to our academic program is supported by a well-equipped and modern facility that allows us to deliver high-quality education and patient care. We are proud members of several prestigious organizations such as the Indian Nursing Council (INC), the National Board of Education (NBE), the Delhi Nursing Council (DNC), and many more.
To prepare our graduates for their future careers, we provide them with inclusive and diverse learning opportunities through different practice-oriented programs such as clinical training and rotations. Our renowned faculty provides cutting-edge knowledge in both theoretical and practical aspects, forming an ideal base for success in the medical field.We have also been at the forefront of research activities, innovating solutions to healthcare needs and collaborating with top medical centres around the world to enhance nursing practices.
To train a world-class workforce of nurses through evidence-based practice and scientific knowledge, creating health advocates and responsible professionals who will shape the future of healthcare.
Our mission is to educate the next generation of nurses through advanced nursing programs that foster an inclusive learning environment with a focus on patient safety, evidence-based care and community outreach. We strive to provide an educational experience that is student-led, interdisciplinary and collaborative, preparing our graduates for success in their professional roles in the ever-evolving world of healthcare.
Rajkumari Amrit Kaur College of Nursing was established in the year 1938 by Her Highness Late Rajmata Sunderbai, Widow of His Highness Late Maharaja surrounded by The Scindia Dynasty. It is one of the oldest colleges of nursing in India and is situated within Lady Hardinge Medical College campus. Named after Her Highness Rajmata Amrit Kaur, this college has contributed immensely to elevating the standards of nursing education in India.
The college offers basic BSc Nursing degree along with higher Diploma courses in variety of nursing specialties such as; Midwifery, Community Health Nursing and Medical-Surgical Nursing which are approved by Indian Nursing Council (INC). In addition, it also grants certificate courses for student nurses teaching in hospitals across India.
The college works with many national and international organisations for research and development programs such as Catholic Relief Services, USAID etc., to empower students with adequate knowledge about their profession and latest innovations taking place across the globe. All batches from the college have produced experts and successful individuals who are now placed at significant positions throughout multiple health care systems across India.
Over the years since its establishment, Rajkumari Amrit Kaur College of Nursing has played a major role in bringing about changes in healthcare education & services in our country — making it one of best institutions standing tall even today among other nursing colleges due to its excellent faculty staff, quality education system & good record maintained over the years.
- Establish a culture of inquiry: Encourage students to question and think for themselves in the classroom, during group activities, and in their everyday lives.
- Foster a sense of community: Create an environment where students feel included, supported, and connected with one another regardless of their background or perspectives.
- Develop meaningful relationships: Construct relationships with every student and respect their individual needs throughout their studies at the college.
- Promote independence: Equip students with the knowledge and skills necessary to succeed both in the classroom and beyond graduation by providing them with resources like career guidance or financial aid assistance.
- Get to know your students: Take time to learn about each student’s interests, needs, and strengths so you can tailor instruction accordingly.
- Set realistic expectations: Work together to create goals that are achievable so that students can experience success while learning more challenging concepts.
- Show enthusiasm for learning: Model curiosity-driven inquiry techniques that inspire others to learn along with you on their own terms and timelines.
- Recognize students’ efforts: Celebrate successes whether they’re large or small to encourage self-confidence as well as overall progress towards academic achievement
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Post Basic BSc Nursing
- Diploma in General Nursing & Midwifery
- Master of Science in Nursing
- Certificate Course in Early Childhood Care and Education (ECCE)
- Certificate Course in Community Health Nursing (CHN)
- Certificate Course in Medical-surgical Nursing (CMS)
- Certificate Course in Critical Care nursing (CCN)
- Advance Diploma in Dialysis Therapy and Technology
- Theatre Society
- Photography Society
- Music Society
- Nature and Gardening Society
- Public Speaking and Debating Society
- Fine Arts and Crafts Society
- Dance Club
- Yoga Club
- Social Responsibility Forum
- Media and Journalism Club