About us – Moti Lal Nehru College (Evening)
Moti Lal Nehru College (Evening) is part of a network of Colleges under the University Grants Commission recognised as centres of excellence. The College was established in 1970 and provides higher education opportunities to women, working professionals and those from economically deprived areas. We are committed to providing quality education, which immerses our students in well-rounded learning experiences both inside and outside the classroom walls. Our mission is to inculcate in our students an intrinsic desire for lifelong learning and be their guiding light for personal and professional development. We strive to create a stimulating academic environment with equal opportunities for all that encourages innovation, collaboration, critical thinking and cultural understanding. With experienced faculty members and modern teaching techniques, we are equipped to help students make the most out of their academic journey!
To promote academic excellence and nurture intellectual curiosity for social transformation by equipping students with the knowledge, skills, and values through holistic learning.
Moti Lal Nehru College (Evening) strives to provide a quality education to its students with emphasis on integrity, innovation, inclusiveness and sustainable development. We seek to develop responsible citizens who are globally competent and locally conscious about their surroundings. With this, we aim to enable our students to excel in their chosen paths of study by providing them with a holistic learning experience, incorporating skill-based as well as value based aspects. Furthermore, we envision creating an inclusive learning environment which allows our students to develop their potential individually while also recognizing the broader context of their work. Our mission is to cultivate critical thinking and problem solving skills while inculcating life skills necessary for success in the global community. In doing so, we hope to prepare our students for successful journeys of self-discovery, growth and progress.
Moti Lal Nehru College (Evening) is a constituent college of Delhi University and was set up in 1966. This marks the beginning of the history of the college.The college offers various degree programs and certificates in Science, Humanities and Commerce. The college also has multiple research centres for different specializations such as Biotechnology, Botany, Chemistry, Computer Applications, Mathematics and Physics.
The college organizes many curricular activities like Seminars, Moot Courts and Inter-college Competitions to hone the academic skills of its students. The college is also actively involved in organizing career-oriented programs such as employability workshops and campus placement drives.Apart from its educational achievements, the college boasts an impressive list of alumni who have achieved remarkable success in their respective fields. Former Prime Minister Manmohan Singh is among them as he had graduated from this very institution in 1964 with a degree in Economics. Other prolific alumni include former actress Kirron Kher and actor Rajat Kapoor.
Over the last 50 years, Moti Lal Nehru College (Evening), through its tremendous efforts and commitment towards imparting quality education to its students have earned a reputation for itself that is second to none among other colleges in DU.
- Attendance: All students must attend classes regularly and take an active part in the class. Any student not attending class regularly may be liable to have his/her name removed from the College rolls.
- Academic Success: All students should strive for academic success. They must follow academic guidelines as prescribed by the college and meet all deadlines for assignments and examinations.
- Respect for Sri Aurobindo Society (SAS): All students, faculty, staff and visitors of Moti Lal Nehru College should show respect to SAS protocol and rules at all times.
- Punctuality: Punctuality is expected of all students while they are in attendance of lectures/classes/workshops or any other co-curricular activities organized by the college authorities.
- Conduct: Students must always act responsibly & behave with mutual respect towards each other, faculty members, staff & visitors inside & outside college premises.
- Grooming: Students shall maintain appropriate dress code on campus which should be dignified and decent in accordance with SAS’s values.
- Responsible Use of Resources and Respect for Environment: Everyone should ensure responsible use of resources like e-resources such as computer labs etc and environment like library, playgrounds etc within college premises as well as outside it . And every individual shares responsibility to protect environment by avoiding generating pollutants both air & water largely possible way guided by our motto “Stay Green” initiated by (MLC) Government Of Delhi
- Complaints & Grievances Resolution: The College provides internal complaint cells where students can register their grievances relating to academics, nonteaching staff etc., as per guidelines issued by University/College/Government so that disposed off promptly on priority basis following proper ethics
- Bachelor of Commerce (B. Com)
- Bachelor of Arts (BA)
- Bachelor of Computer Applications (BCA)
- Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA)
- Bachelor of Science in Mathematics (BSc Maths)
- Bachelor of Library Information Science (BLISc)
- Master of Commerce (MCom)
- Master of Arts: English/Political Science/Hindi/History/Economics/Sociology (MA – English/Political Science/Hindi/History/Economics/Sociology )
- Master of Computer Applications (MCA)
- Master of Business Administration(MBA)
- English Literary Society
- Hindi Literary Society
- Economics Society
- Psychology Society
- Commerce & Business Studies Society
- Social Science Society
- Mathematics & Statistics Socity
- Physics & Electronics Socity
- Chemistry & Biochemistry Socity
- History Society
- Environmental Awareness and Preservation (EAP) Society
- Idea India: Indian Society for Debate and Forum Discussion
- Quiz Club (MLNQC)
- Arts and Culture Festival Club (MLNACFC)
- Departmental Cricket Association (MCA)
- Debating and Dialoguing Association of College (DDAC)