About us – Lady Shri Ram College for Women
We are one of the leading women’s colleges in India, with a distinguished history of fostering and nurturing women’s education for more than fifty years. Since its establishment in 1956, our college has been an integral part of providing quality education for generations of young women. Our goal is to ensure that every student is able to reach their full potential, by providing them access to a stimulating and challenging environment. We offer a diverse range of courses from Psychology and Life Sciences to Humanities, Commerce and Social Science as well as certificates in Management and Computer Application.
Our state-of-the-art campus features modern classrooms, energy-efficient lighting systems and computer labs. Additionally, we have robust infrastructure facilities including housing options, sports fields, green areas with plenty of benches, and several kiosks throughout the campus with amenities like a library café etc. We also host several cultural festivals throughout the year, promoting integration between students from all backgrounds.
At Lady Shri Ram College we believe in creating a healthy conducive learning atmosphere with a support system like a career guidance cell which gives apt advice on further studies beyond graduation or choosing the right profession after college life. Regular internships are also provided for practical experience for students interested in certain careers or job purposes.
Lastly, our alumni community consists of prominent personalities across India who have excelled in their respective fields, providing immense inspiration for our current batch of students who are striving to reach similar heights one day too!
Vision And Mission
To empower young women by providing a comprehensive learning platform which allows self-actualization, exploration and critical thinking geared towards creating strong leaders for tomorrow.
Our mission is to strive towards all-around excellence in the pursuit of knowledge, character building and environmental sensitivity in an optimistic, vibrant and supportive environment. We aim to develop generation after generation of confident and competent women who will make a positive impact on their communities with sensitivity to global issues.
Lady Shri Ram College for Women (LSR) is the premier women’s college located in the heart of Delhi University, India. It was established in 1956 by the Late Madam Bhikaji Rustom Cama, an educationist and a social reformer at that time. The main objective of Madam Came was to provide educational opportunities for young women from all backgrounds and classes so that they could pursue higher studies.
LSR started with just three courses: English Literature, Political Science and Economics. Today, LSR offers its students a wide range of courses in Humanities, Social Sciences, Commerce and Management including Law and Multimedia. The college still boasts to be the leading college of Delhi University, offering over 30 honours programmes in various disciplines along with substantial financial assistance to those who require it due to financial constraints or other reasons.
Apart from academics, LSR also lays great emphasis on extracurricular activities like theatre, music, and dancing as well as sports like tennis and hockey among others. Besides these activities, club activities such as debating society have also gained prominence over time at the college since their inception only a few years ago.
Ever since its founding more than 60 years ago, Lady Shri Ram College has produced numerous successful achievers who have gone on to become leaders in different fields across India as well as other countries. These great personalities include Kiran Mazumdar Shaw (chairperson & managing director of Biocon), Dr Nita Ambani (founder & chairperson of Reliance Foundation), Mira Nair (film director) and Sushma Swaraj (former minister of external affairs). This clearly shows how dedicated Lady Shri Ram College is towards creating empowered female citizens each year out of their diverse student body!
- Develop a culture of respect and recognition: Encourage students and faculty members to honour each other’s views, recognize their achievements, and create an atmosphere of support.
- Ensure student wellbeing: Make sure all areas of the college have adequate access to mental health resources, ensure 24-hour security & safety measures such as CCTV cameras, as well as provide a range of events/programmes for students to get involved in for personal growth.
- Prioritize ethical values: Establish systems that promote fairness, inclusivity and equity throughout the college. Encourage students and faculty members to be socially responsible by engaging in volunteer activities and social initiatives within the locality.
- Integrate technology: Keep up with modern society by integrating technology into classrooms, tutorials and lectures where appropriate – this will aid in student learning & engagement. Install computer labs with updated software & hardware to give students meaningful experiences with digital tools & applications.
- Celebrate diversity and cultural identities: Foster a safe environment where each individual is respected regardless of background – religion, culture, gender etc., create a range of events/programmes promoting cross-cultural exchange as well as general awareness sessions on racial identity or prejudice issues that affect all communities.
- B.A. (Hons.) in Economics
- B.A. (Hons.) in English
- B.A.( Hons.) in History
- B .A .( Hons. ) in Political Science
- M .A .in Applied Psychology
- M .Sc Mathematics
- B Com Honours
- B A programme
- B Sc Maths Hons and Life Sciences
- BCA Programme
- MA Human Resource Management
- MSc (IT) Programme
- Arts Society
- Debate & Theatre Society
- Economics Society
- Law & Governance Society
- Literary & Creative Writing Society
- Music and Dance Society
- Quizzing and Debating Society
- Social Entrepreneurship & Management Society
- Sports and Fitness Society