About us – Keshav Mahavidyalaya
Keshav Mahavidyalaya was established in 1988 and is a premier institute of the Rohini Zone. The college has been accredited by NAAC with an ‘A’ grade & recognized by University Grants Commission (UGC).
The college imparts quality education in various disciplines like Arts, Science and Commerce. We are dedicated to providing equal opportunities for women, SC/STs, OBCs & minority sections of society by providing them with higher education. Our faculty is highly dedicated to introducing innovative teaching methods while also making sure that our students stay abreast of current industry trends & technologies.
Through workshops, internships and seminars, we strive to ensure that our students have a holistic view of their fields. Over the past few years, we have consistently achieved 100% results in UG/PG Courses and provided numerous enrichment programs for overall development amongst our students.
We are an ideal choice for students seeking quality education at an affordable price. Our motto is to further advance educational excellence through persistent innovation and consistent effort from both staff and student body alike.
Vision And Mission
To nurture students with an immersive learning experience, fulfilling their potential and making a positive impact in society.
To provide quality education at affordable costs, enabling everyone to move forward in their lives with confidence.
To create a dynamic campus atmosphere by introducing innovative courses and engaging campus life activities.
To foster a congenial environment of mutual respect supported by dedicated faculty & staff focused on the holistic development of students.
To cultivate leadership skills amongst students through mentorship programmes, internships and volunteering activities.
To instil values of integrity and social responsibility in our students to ensure their success and contribution to the community as responsible citizens.
Keshav Mahavidyalaya was founded in memory of the Indian independence leader, KeshaV Chandrashekhar Azad, in 1952 by Pandit Ram Saran Das. It is a co-educational institution which offers higher education to students from all sections of society. Initially started as an intermediate college, it now provides graduates and postgraduate degree courses in fields such as science, commerce and arts. The college has made significant contributions to India’s higher education system since its inception and has established itself as one of the premier institutes in North India.
In 1964, Delhi University granted Keshav Mahavidyalaya affiliation, which opened up further avenues for expansion. Subsequently, several new facilities including a library, computer lab and laboratories were added to help facilitate research and development projects. In addition, an auditorium was constructed for organizing various seminars and other academic activities.
Over the years, Keshav Mahavidyalaya has produced prominent alumni who have gone on to make their mark in various fields including government service, business and media. Many of these alumni have played a crucial role in taking the institution to great heights by contributing financially or making important decisions regarding its future direction and growth.
The college continues to strive towards imparting quality education while maintaining its status as one of the most reputed educational institutes in Delhi NCR region. With its unwavering commitment towards excellence, Keshav Mahavidyalaya is indeed living up to the legacy left behind by its illustrious founder Pandit Ram Saran Das.
- Establish a code of conduct for staff and students: All staff and students should be expected to abide by a set of expectations designed to promote collegiality, safety and respect. This should include upholding the values of diversity, civility and justice in the college.
- Ensure adequate staffing: The college should take measures to ensure that appropriate support is available to help manage workloads and provide instruction for all students.
- Develop effective policies for student discipline: Clear rules should be established that are fair and consistent, and enforced rigorously but with sensitivity. Appropriate consequences should be defined for any misconduct or improper conduct on the part of any student.
- Institute in-classroom assessment procedures: In order to gauge each individual student’s progress as well as areas of difficulty, Keshav Mahavidyalaya should implement classroom assessment measures such as multiple-choice tests, essay writing assignments, etc. The results should be discussed with both the student in question and their teachers in private meetings or classes where appropriate guidance can be given out.
- Provide resources related to mental health: Anxiety around exams, personal backgrounds etc can affect a student’s performance Significantly It is necessary for Keshav Mahavidyalaya to provide adequate mental health resources such as counselling services, forums or workshops on depression or suicidal thoughts etc for students who may struggle with such issues either directly or indirectly through friends or family members
- Bachelor of Arts (BA)
- Bachelor of Commerce (B.Com)
- Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA)
- Master of Arts in Economics (MA-Economics)
- Master of Arts in Political Science (MA-Political Science)
- Master of Mass Communication and Journalism (MMCJ)
- Master of Science in Computer Science (MSc-Computer Science)
- Master of Science in Mathematics (MSc-Mathematics)
- Ph.D in Management Studies
- Ph.D in Social Sciences
- Debating Society
- Dance & Music Society
- Mixers Club
- Keshav Literary Society
- Dramatics & Theatre Club
- Laughter Club
- Photography Club
- Yoga and Meditation Club
- Quiz and Gaming Society
- Social Awareness and Change (SAC) society