About us – Hindu College
Established in 1899, Hindu College has been at the forefront of imparting top-notch academic education in India. It is one of the finest and pioneering colleges affiliated with the University of Delhi and offers quality and relevant programs across specializations.
Backed by the profound insight of its faculty members who bring with them decades of experience, tremendous energy and knowledge, our students are encouraged to stay ahead in their chosen fields. With world-class infrastructure facilities coupled with equal attention paid towards co-curricular activities like creative arts, sports, music and theatre etc., we equip them for holistic success. Our excellently maintained labs give an opportunity to explore development opportunities that apply classroom concepts to practical knowledge.
We prioritize the formation of future leaders through participatory learning techniques that give their budding ideas a platform from which they can fly even higher. So come aboard this journey and enhance your career prospects with us here at Hindu College.
Vision And Mission
To be a premier centre of excellence in learning, research, and community service through innovative educational initiatives.
To provide an inclusive and caring environment where intellectual curiosity is nurtured, innovation is encouraged and wisdom is cultivated.
To foster the transformation of students into critically thinking, ethical individuals with a global outlook.
To create a world-class research institution providing integrated curricular platforms for the advancement of knowledge and interdisciplinary collaboration among its alumni, faculty and industry partners.
To continuously expand opportunities for experiential learning coupled with rigorous academic pursuits that prepare students to become successful professionals and responsible citizens of the world community.
Hindu College is a premier educational institution located in Delhi, India. It was established in 1899 by a small group of progressives who belonged to the Arya Samaj, including Lala Hansraj and Pandit Madan Mohan Malaviya. The aim of the founders was to create a centre for higher learning for those with limited resources. The curriculum offered was based on traditional Indian education methods and included Sanskrit, Hindi and English alongside History, Mathematics and other general studies subjects.
Over the years, Hindu College has consistently been ranked among India’s top universities due in part to its emphasis on quality teaching and its commitment towards academic excellence. In recent years, Hindu College has expanded its presence by offering professional courses such as Life Sciences, Economics & Finance, Media Studies and many more. Today, Hindu College is one of the most prestigious higher education institutes in the Delhi-NCR region, boasting a diverse student base from across India and abroad.
- Ensure that all academic programs, policies and procedures are current and relevant to the changing requirements of the industry and the needs of society.
- Implement innovative teaching methods in order to keep up with new developments in education and technology.
- Encourage faculty development by providing them with necessary resources, like workshops and research grants.
- Promote an environment of learning that is conducive to bringing out the best in each student, and encourage constructive debates among peers so as to foster critical thinking.
- Create a campus culture promoting inclusiveness, diversity, integrity and respect for all students, faculty and staff members from varied backgrounds.
- Establish strong communication channels between all stakeholders such as students, faculty members, alumni and the management for effective decision-making processes.
- Facilitate internships/placement opportunities for students with leading industries in order to gain real-time work experience and industry exposure.
- Develop strong partnerships with other colleges/ universities inside India & outside for mutually exchanged programs & collaborations that primarily focus on the delivery of quality education services through joint research & developmental activities etc.
- Bachelor of Arts (BA)
- Bachelor of Science (BSc)
- Bachelor of Commerce (BCom)
- Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA)
- Master of Arts (MA)
- Master of Science (MSc)
- Master of Commerce (MCOM)
- Master in Business Administration (MBA)
- Akhil Bhartiya Vidyarthi Parishad
- Debating Society
- Environment Society
- Music Society
- Cultural Society
- Quiz Club
- Economics Society
- Literary and Creative Writing Society
- Hindi Manch- Hindi Section of Aarohan: The English Debating and Literary Forum
- Latin American Literature and Art Club