About us – G.B. Pant Hospital
G.B. Pant Hospital is a leading center for medical treatment, research, and healthcare. We are committed to providing the highest quality of care through state-of-the-art equipment and modernized practices.Since its establishment in 1943, we have grown from a small clinic to one of the leading hospitals in Delhi. With over 700 beds and an experienced team of doctors and staff, we offer comprehensive care for a range of medical needs. Our treatments employ some of the latest technologies to ensure that our patients receive the best available care. We use innovative therapies to provide personalized treatment plans suitable for every patient’s unique health requirements.
We recognize that even with modern technology, individualized care is only possible when provided by dedicated professionals who understand each patient’s needs and concerns. Therefore all of our staff undergo regular training courses to maintain their expertise in order to provide you with the most satisfactory experience possible. With more than 5 decades of excellence in healthcare services, we strive to remain at the cutting edge of technological advancement while maintaining our commitment to compassionate patient care. We are proud to serve all communities throughout India –both rural and urban – by providing you exceptional quality healthcare services at reasonable costs sensibly tailored to your individual needs!
We strive to be the benchmark for excellence in healthcare delivery, research, training and technology innovation – providing accessible, affordable and sustainable health care services to all sections of society.
Our mission is to create an integrated healthcare system by delivering evidence-based quality care that is clinically effective, cost-efficient and patient-centric. We will strive to use innovative therapies and technologies while focusing on building long-term relationships with our patients and their families. We are committed to creating an environment of continuous learning through academic programs and research activities to train world-class healthcare professionals.
G. B. Pant Hospital was established in 1930 as the first teaching hospital associated with a medical college of India and named after national leader and 1st Governor of United Provinces, Sir Govind Ballabh Pant. Located in Agra, North India, it was founded on 31st October 1930 by this eminent leader with an idea to provide advanced medical care and health training for students and doctors in that region. Initially known as ‘Agra Civil Hospital’, the hospital offered its first program in medicine – MBBS – in 1933, with attached 3-year diploma course in Women’s Health and Child Care programme.
The hospital also played a part during World War II when wounded soldiers were brought there for treatment alongside civilians receiving care as part of the normal service rendered by the institution. In 1947, it was renamed as ‘Gandhi Memorial and Teaching Hospital’ after Mahatma Gandhi, who made two visits to this place – once while delivering his famous speech “Maine Desh Ka Josh Uthaya Hai” (I have aroused the spirit of my nation) at Swaraj Bhawan Kothi outside Diana Cinema Hall, near G B Pant Hospital; and secondly when he visited G B Pant Hospital itself to meet independence movement activists incarcerated there.
In 1948, the Delhi Medical Council recognized G B Pant Hospital for awarding medical degrees and later it got approval from Medical Council of India (MCI). Over time, it has grown into one of the largest multispecialty tertiary-level government health institutions in North India providing comprehensive health services including general medicine, pediatrics, obstetrics & gynecology, surgery & anaesthesia amongst others. The hospital provides specialist services such as cardiology (including interventional cardiology), plastic surgery and pediatric surgery along with its own dedicated blood bank facility since 1959. It is affiliated to JN College Medical Sciences University Uttar Pradesh which handle its medial education activities such as conducting undergraduate/postgraduate examinations etc.,
For last 86 years G B pant hospital is serving millions of people every year with zeal and commitment while evolving over time to meet modern standards in delivering healthcare services through development initiatives such state-of-the-art facilities like CT Scan machine (1995–96) among many others that has improved patient safety significantly. G B Pant Hospital is open 24/7 throughout all 365 days making life saving treatments available even on festivals making this gem renowned worldwide!
- Improve patient satisfaction: Focus on providing quality service and meeting the needs of patients. Make sure that staff are trained with the latest information on healthcare procedures and standards in order to best serve their patients. Utilize feedback systems to gain honest insight from patients so that improvements can be made moving forward.
- Reduce medical errors: Invest in a system that actively monitors medical data to look for mistakes or oversights quickly, as well as a system that tracks past treatments or medications prescribed based on patient history and formulary requirements. Dedicated staff should oversee this process to ensure accuracy in both diagnoses and treatments.
- Implement accurate billing procedures: Ensure that staff members collecting payments have the necessary training and resources they need to accurately bill patients for services. Regular audits should be conducted to check for any discrepancies that could cause erroneous charges, enabling corrections if needed to make the billing process equitable for everyone involved.
- Utilize digital healthcare solutions: Invest in technology such as electronic health records (EHRs) and telehealth/telemedicine platforms, which will help streamline processes, improve access to care, increase public health protection, and reduce costs associated with healthcare delivery. These technologies can also increase patient engagement by allowing them easier access to their own medical records or appointment scheduling options online.
- Maximize team collaboration: Provide employees with adequate training opportunities in order to better foster collaboration within teams working together on projects or individual tasks, whether it’s through weekly meetings, retreats, informal conversations or larger conferences such as symposiums or webinars hosted by experts in specific areas of healthcare expertise they may need help with at some point along the way
- PG Diploma in Hospital Administration
- DM: Cardiology/ Gastroenterology
- M. Ch.: Neurosurgery/ Plastic Surgery
- DNB: Ophthalmology/ Obstetrics & Gynaecology
- MD: Radio-diagnosis/ Paediatrics
- Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology
- Paramedical Courses like Nursing, OT Technician and Dialysis Technician
- Cardiac Research & Education Society
- Renal Disease Research & Advancement Society
- Endocrine Disorders Care & Awareness Society
- Blood Disorder Cure & Preventive Society
- Cancer Prevention & Management Association
- Neuro Developmental Disorders Awareness Forum
- Diabetes Care and Research Society
- Respiratory Disease Research and Welfare Initiative
- Mental Health Care And Promotion Society
- Geriatric Concerns and Age Related Issues Care Forum