About us – Florence Nightingale College of Nursing
Florence Nightingale College of Nursing is a private nursing college in the United States dedicated to providing an exceptional education to those pursuing careers in nursing and healthcare. We offer degree and certificate programs at both the undergraduate and graduate level, with a particular emphasis on quality and innovation. Our mission is to educate ethical, capable, caring nurses prepared for fulfilling professional lives in a variety of contexts.
Our students benefit from small class sizes which promote personal interaction with faculty and peers, as well as excellent access to clinical facilities located nearby. We also provide an extensive support network that includes career counselling services, advisement resources, student organizations, tutoring opportunities, library services, and other academic support programs that promote success in our academic programs.
Our faculty and staff are highly experienced professionals who deliver consistent excellence in teaching and serving our student body. We strive every day to prepare our students for successful careers full of purposeful contributions to the nursing profession and society as a whole. We invite you to join us on this important mission!
Vision And Mission
To be a pioneering institution devoted to providing the highest standards of excellence in nursing education and research at an affordable cost.
We strive to promote optimal wellness throughout the life span by advancing evidence-based, quality nursing care through our educational programs and research initiatives. We provide students with opportunities to develop compassionate, competent, and ethical care for diverse individuals, families, aggregates, communities, and populations. Additionally, we are committed to creating leaders in the nursing discipline who will contribute towards excellence in health care delivery.
Florence Nightingale College of Nursing (FN, formerly known as The Florence Nightingale College of Nursing and Midwifery) was established at King’s College, London in 1860. The college was the first institution for professional nursing education in the United Kingdom.
Inspired by the work of Florence Nightingale, who is said to have ‘paved the way’ for modern nursing with her pioneering practice during the Crimean War, FN prides itself on delivering practical, evidence-based training which puts patient care first. Its vision is to be recognized as a world-leading leader in nursing education and practice innovation by leading research across taught programmes and influencing healthcare policy.
FN continues to strive towards excellence within nursing practice today and has created multiple pathways for students to become registered nurses with the Nursing and Midwifery Council. Courses ranging from Bachelor’s degrees in adult nursing, children’s nursing and mental health, as well as Master’s degrees, are all available. Students also benefit from additional training and skills sessions that focus on simulation, reflective learning and interprofessional working. In 2018 FN joined forces with Imperial College London School of Medicine to offer even more opportunities for collaborative education across both institutions.
In recognition of its commitment to developing outstanding nurses of the future, Florence Nightingale College of Nursing (FN) has been awarded Quality Mark status continuously since 2005, through various external assessment bodies such as Quality Assurance Agency (QAA). It was also awarded Times Higher Education Award Teaching Excellence Framework ‘Outstanding’ rating in the 2017/2018 Academic Year. In 2019 FN also won two awards at UK Higher Education Academy Conference – an individual award for an outstanding contribution to student engagement within the sector by Dr Ishtiaq Rahman Debby OBE who leads Professional Practice modules at institute; collectively an award for Centre led approach of the the Developmental Review Processes encouraging student success wherever they study or work across the globe.
- Develop a clear code of conduct that all faculty and staff must abide by, including standards for student behaviour.
- Establish a professional learning environment for both students and teachers.
- Provide quality nursing education and practice through effective teaching strategies and evidence-based curricula.
- Utilize available technology to deliver the curriculum more effectively in today’s digital age.
- Promote an open and inclusive culture based on respect, kindness, and caring intentions between all members of the college community.
- Ensure every student is given personalized attention to allow them to reach their fullest potential within the program.
- Collaborate with various healthcare organizations to offer hands-on experiences with medical experts for students in the preclinical coursework phase of their studies.
- Encourage self-reflection among faculty constantly, so their teaching techniques remain up-to-date and high quality.
- Foster interdisciplinary collaboration among peers in order to strengthen understanding of present topics as well as future trends in health care delivery.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Master of Science in Nursing
- Doctor of Philosophy in Nursing
- Certified Nurse Midwife
- Certificate Programs
- Clinical Nurse Leader Certificate Program
- Geriatric/Ageing Health Care Certification
- Advanced Practice Registered Nurse Certification Preparation Program (APRN)
- Post Masters Certificates for Advanced Practice Specialists
- Post Baccalaureate Certificates in Clinical Speciality Nursing Areas
- Student Nurses Association
- Nursing Alumni Society
- Florence Nightingale International Nurses Society
- Scientific Club for Nursing Professionals
- International Council of Nurses
- The Elizabeth Fry Foundation for Nurses
- Catholic Health Association of India (CHAI)
- Indian Nursing Council (INC)
- American Academy of Nurse Practitioners (AANP)
- Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing