Anna University has announced that registration for TANCET Exam 2024, the entrance exam for MBA and MCA courses in Tamil Nadu, will commence on January 10. The official website has released the exam dates, revealing that the TANCET Exam 2024 examination for MBA and MCA programs is scheduled for March 9.
Additionally, the CEETA PG exam for Engineering courses is set to take place on March 10. Aspiring candidates can submit their online applications for the TANCET Exam 2024 exam until February 7, 2024. Eligibility criteria include the completion of a bachelor’s degree.
What is TANCET Exam?
The Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test, commonly known as TANCET, serves as a crucial gateway for securing admission to postgraduate programs in various disciplines across colleges in Tamil Nadu. Anna University takes charge of organising this state-level entrance examination, encompassing a range of PG courses such as MTech, M.Arch, MPlan, ME, MBA, and MCA programs.
Over 200 colleges in Tamil Nadu consider TANCET scores as a determinant of admission. Annually, the test draws the participation of more than 40,000 MBA aspirants vying for coveted spots in over 15,000 seats available in diverse institutes across the state.
|TANCET Entrance Exam
|TANCET exam full form
|Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test
|Level of TANCET exam
|Once a year
|Exam sections (MBA)
|Business Analysis, Quantitative Aptitude, Reading Comprehension and Verbal Ability, Data Sufficiency and General English
|Number and type of questions
|100 questions in MCQ format
|Medium of exam
|TANCET exam fees
|– INR 1,000 for unreserved categories- INR 500 for reserved categories (belonging to Tamil Nadu)
|What is the use of TANCET Exam?
|Admission into SRMIST, HICAS, PSG Institute and- 200+ MBA colleges in Tamil Nadu- 250+ MCA colleges in Tamil Nadu- 340+ MTech colleges in Tamil Nadu
|Course offered under TANCET Exam
|MBA, MCA, M.Tech, ME, M.Arch, and M.Plan are to be conducted based on CEETA PG
|TANCET exam 2024 dates
|March 25, 2024 (for MBA and MCA)
|Number of test cities
|MBA: Approx. 18,000MCA: Approx. 17,000Engineering: Approx. 20,000
|Exam helpdesk number
TANCET is an offline examination that involves the completion of 100 objective-type questions within a two-hour timeframe. This challenging assessment serves as a benchmark for candidates aspiring to pursue advanced studies in their chosen fields. Notably, the examination is a significant fixture in the academic calendar, attracting a substantial number of aspirants seeking academic excellence.
After the TANCET examination, the Directorate of Technical Education (DTE), Chennai, takes on the responsibility of overseeing the counselling process for MBA admissions. This crucial phase is dedicated to evaluating and admitting qualified candidates into the esteemed institutions in Tamil Nadu.
The counselling process, under the administration of DTE, plays a pivotal role in shaping the academic journey of successful TANCET candidates, ensuring a seamless transition from examination halls to the classrooms of their chosen institutes.
TANCET Exam 2024 Schedule
|Upcoming Exam Dates
|10 Jan ’24 – 07 Feb ’24
|TANCET Registration Dates
|09 March 24
|TANCET Exam Date for MBA and MCA
|10 March 24
|CEETA Exam Date 2024
|Publication of TANCET Final Answer Key
|TANCET Answer Key Objection Window
|TANCET Result Declaration Date
|TANCET Admit Card Download
|Download TANCET Scorecard
|TANCET Counseling 2024
TANCET Exam 2024: Application Form
Anna University facilitates the online submission of TANCET application forms. Prospective candidates are required to complete the application process within the specified timeframe.
How to Apply for Anna University TANCET Exam?
Here are the concise steps to successfully fill out the TANCET Exam 2024 application form:
- Step 1: Begin by registering on the official portal.
- Step 2: Log in to your registered account.
- Step 3: Proceed to make the necessary payment for the application fee.
- Step 4: Provide accurate personal details as part of the application.
- Step 5: Input your educational information with precision.
- Step 6: Select your preferred examination city.
- Step 7: Upload the required documents as specified in the guidelines.
Who is Eligible for TANCET Exam 2024?
The eligibility criteria to appear for the TANCET Exam 2024 differ as per your choice of course. Here is the course-wise description of the eligibility criteria based on your course of interest:
Eligibility Criteria of TANCET Exam for MBA
To be eligible for the exam, candidates should hold a bachelor’s degree with an aggregate of 50% (45% for reserved categories). The following educational patterns are accepted for eligibility:
- Completion of the 10+2+3/4/5 year pattern.
- Completion of the 10+3 year diploma + 3 year pattern.
- Completion of the 10+2+B.E./B.Tech./B.Arch./B.Pharm.
- Completion of the 10+2+AMIE.
- Completion of the 10+3 years diploma awarded by the State Board of Technical Education + AMIE.
Eligibility Criteria of TANCET Exam for MCA
Applicants should possess a bachelor’s degree with a minimum duration of three years in BCA or B.Sc. (IT/CSE/equivalent). Alternatively, individuals holding a three-year bachelor’s degree outside the mentioned categories but have studied mathematics at either the 10+2 or graduation level are also considered eligible.
A minimum aggregate of 50% in the qualifying examination is required (45% for candidates in reserved categories). Eligibility extends to those who have completed their education in any of the following patterns:
- 10+2+3/4/5 years pattern
- 10+3 years diploma + 3 years pattern
- 10+3 years diploma (awarded by the State Board of Technical Education) + AMIE
Eligibility Criteria of TANCET Exam for M.E. / M.Tech. / M.Arch./M.Plan.
Applicants are required to have completed a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent, with a minimum of 50% (45% for candidates in reserved categories). Eligibility is restricted to individuals who have completed their bachelor’s degree in one of the following disciplines:
- B.E. / B.Tech. / B.Arch. Degree Programs
- 10 + 2 + AMIE
- 10 + 3-year diploma (issued by the State Board of Technical Education) + AMIE
Additionally, candidates with a Master’s degree in the relevant branch of science or the arts are also considered eligible.
How to Apply for TANCET Exam 2024?
The TANCET application process includes different stages:
- Firstly, applicants fill out the application form, providing the requisite information to initiate their candidacy.
- Following this crucial step, candidates proceed to download their hall tickets, which is essential for participation in the upcoming examination. The hall ticket serves as a personalised entry pass, containing pertinent details and ensuring a seamless and organised examination process.
- Subsequently, candidates actively participate in the nomination phase, when the examiner demonstrates their knowledge and skills. This segment represents a pivotal moment, as performance here significantly influences the overall evaluation of their candidacy. The examination serves as a comprehensive assessment, gauging the preparedness and aptitude of individuals aspiring to secure admission through TANCET.
- Following the examination, successful candidates can download their scorecard, which provides a comprehensive overview of their performance. The scorecard showcases the individual’s achievements in the TANCET examination and serves as a key reference during the counselling process.
The final stage of the TANCET admission process involves participating in the counselling process. This stage is pivotal for candidates as it provides them with the opportunity to select their preferred courses and institutions based on their scores and rankings. Active participation in the counselling process is essential for securing admission to the desired program.
The TANCET admission process encompasses a series of well-defined stages, starting from the application form fill-up to active participation in the counselling process, ultimately leading to the successful enrollment of candidates in their chosen courses and institutions.
Is TANCET Exam Easy?
The TANCET MBA question paper is designed with 100 multiple-choice questions (MCQs), each carrying a maximum score of one mark for a correct answer. This exam pattern emphasises both accuracy and precision, encouraging candidates to weigh the potential risk of deduction against the reward of gaining a mark.
This structure aims to assess not only the candidates’ knowledge but also their strategic approach to answering questions, adding a nuanced dimension to the evaluation process.
TANCET Exam Pattern
|TANCET Test Structure Elements
|Duration of test
|Number of sections
|Five sections – Business Situations, Quantitative Ability, Reading Comprehension, Data Sufficiency and English Usage
|Marks assigned to each section
|-1/3 marks for each incorrect response
|English and Tamil
What is the Syllabus for TANCET Exam 2024?
Candidates aspiring to appear for the TANCET Exam 2024 exam should align their preparation with the prescribed syllabus outlined by Anna University for the MBA program. The TANCET MBA syllabus for the upcoming examination is structured into five distinct sections. These sections cover a range of topics and domains essential for assessing the candidates’ aptitude and knowledge.
Aspirants are advised to thoroughly acquaint themselves with the intricacies of each section, ensuring comprehensive preparation to enhance their performance in the TANCET Exam 2024.
|Simple & Compound Interest, Profit & Loss, Time Speed & Distance, Time & Work, Mixtures & Allegations, Quadratic Equations, Linear Equations, Logarithms, Series and Progressions
|Questions from DI are based on Number Systems, Algebra, Arithmetic Topics, Pie Chart, Line Graph, Bar Graph, and Tables
|Questions based on Reading Comprehension, one-word substitution, Synonyms antonyms, Vocabulary
|Fill in the blanks, Grammar, Sentence Corrections, Idioms, Cloze Test, sentence arrangement, spotting errors
|Business Situations Analysis
|Syllogisms and Puzzles, Decision Making, Blood Relations, Binary Logic, Coding-Decoding, Linear and Circular Arrangements, Sequence & Series
How to Prepare for TANCET Exam?
Every year, close to 40,000 candidates enrol for the TANCET exam to secure admission into colleges in Tamil Nadu. To ensure success, aspirants must adopt a robust preparation strategy.
Here are some proven tips from past toppers:
- Begin by thoroughly understanding the exam pattern and syllabus to avoid unnecessary focus on extraneous topics.
- Once the syllabus and test structure are clear, craft a well-organised study plan and adhere to it diligently.
- Regularly review previously studied topics, whether it’s on a daily or weekly basis, to reinforce learning and prevent knowledge from fading away.
- Create concise notes while studying each subject to facilitate easy revision.
- Engage in solving sample papers, utilising previous years’ question papers, and taking mock tests. This strategy has consistently proven effective in achieving higher scores in the TANCET exam.
Q1. How can you obtain the Admit Card for the TANCET Exam 2024?
Admit Cards for the TANCET Exam 2024 can be downloaded from the official website by entering your registration details.
Q2. Can candidates from other states apply for the TANCET Exam 2024?
Yes, candidates from all states are eligible to apply for the TANCET Exam 2024. However, certain seats may be reserved for Tamil Nadu domicile candidates, and candidates are advised to check the eligibility criteria.
Q3. Is there a negative marking in the TANCET Exam 2024?
Yes, there is a negative marking scheme in the TANCET Exam. For every incorrect answer, a specified fraction of marks will be deducted. Candidates are advised to carefully read the exam instructions.
Q4. What are some alternatives for TANCET exam?
Some of the best alternatives for pursuing an MBA are CAT, XAT and other MBA colleges without CAT. You can also go for other alternatives like Government exams (SBI PO, RRB Group D, IBPS SO, UPSC CSE) or pursue law from the Faculty of Law.