Let’s explore the best law colleges at Delhi University – places where students learn about the law in the heart of India’s capital. These colleges are well-known for providing excellent education to future lawyers. In this journey, we’ll examine what makes these colleges special, like their interesting classes, experienced teachers, and the exciting atmosphere where students learn.
In the bustling city of Delhi, these law colleges are like strongholds of knowledge. They don’t just teach students; they also encourage them to think critically, be ethical, and care about society. The colleges offer modern courses that keep up with changes in the law. The teachers are experts in their fields, and students come from all over the country to learn from them.
Overview of Law Colleges in Delhi
|Number of Law Colleges in Delhi
|Criminal Law; Corporate Law; Intellectual Property Law; Business Law; Constitutional Law
|Law Entrance Exams + Interview
|Law Colleges in Delhi Fees Structure
|INR 1-2 Lakhs (Approx)
|Number of NLUs and IITs
|1 NLU and 1 IIT
|Top Courses of Law Colleges in Delhi
|LLB, BA LLB, BBA LLB, LLM, PhD
|Both Government and Private
Faculty of Law: Best Law Centre in Delhi
The Faculty of Law at the University of Delhi is the university’s legal department, boasting the unique achievement of producing the highest number of judges in the Supreme Court of India.
Located on the north campus of the University of Delhi, it is home to over 130 faculty members and approximately 7000 students, encompassing LL.B., LL.M., and Ph.D. programs.
The Faculty of Law functions through three distinct centres on its campus:
- Campus Law Centre,
- Law Centre-I, and
- Law Centre-II.
Admission to Best Law Colleges – Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria for law admissions into UG and PG courses can differ among institutions. Nevertheless, certain general eligibility standards for 5-year LLB, 3-year LLB, and LLM courses in law are outlined below.
These criteria cover educational qualifications, minimum marks, and age limits. Typically, candidates are required to take law entrance exams as part of the admission process.
- 5-year LLB: Applicants must have completed their 10+2 or equivalent examination from a recognized board with a minimum percentage of around 45-50% in the qualifying examination to gain admission to 5-year LLB programs. Usually, there is no specified upper age limit. Common entrance exams for 5-year LLB programs include CLAT, AILET, and CUET BA LLB, among others.
- 3-year LLB: For enrollment in 3-year LLB, candidates must have completed graduation in any stream with a minimum percentage that may vary between 45-50%. Generally, there is no upper age limit for a 3-year LLB.
- LLM: Candidates must hold a degree in law from a recognized university with a minimum required percentage (usually 50-60%) in the qualifying examination. Some top LLM entrance exams include AILET PG, CLAT PG, and more.
In addition to the aforementioned eligibility criteria, certain colleges may impose additional requirements such as work experience, research publications, etc. It is advisable for candidates to carefully review the eligibility criteria stated on the respective college’s website or prospectus before applying.
It is crucial to note that admission to the top law colleges in Delhi is highly competitive, and meeting the minimum eligibility criteria alone does not guarantee admission. Candidates are encouraged to thoroughly prepare for the entrance tests and fulfil other admission requirements as specified by the college.
Entrance Exams for Admission to Best Law College of Delhi University
Numerous entrance examinations allow students to secure admission to leading law colleges in Delhi. It’s crucial to note that accepted exams can differ among institutions, necessitating verification with the specific college to ascertain the applicable exams.
Among the widely recognised entrance tests are:
- CLAT (Common Law Admission Test),
- IPU CET (Indraprastha University Common Entrance Test),
- JMI BA LLB Entrance Exam, and
- AILET (All India Law Entrance Test).
Each of these assessments serves as a gateway to admission, playing a pivotal role in determining eligibility for various esteemed law colleges in Delhi.
Best Law Colleges in Delhi NCR
|Govt. Law Colleges in Delhi
|Fees Structure (Approx.)
|National Law University- NLUD
|University of Delhi – Law Centre 1
|Jamia Millia Islamia – Faculty of Law
|Indian Law Institute
|Chaudhary Charan Singh University
|Guru Govind Singh Indraprastha University
|Maharshi Dayanand University – Dept of Law
|Indira Gandhi National Open University
|IIT Delhi, Faculty of Law
|Ideal Institute of Management and Technology
|Dr. B.R. Ambedkar National Law University
|INR 6.40 LPA
Top 3 Law Colleges at Delhi University
Following is the list of best law colleges at Delhi University, under the Faculty of Law:
|Name of the Law College in Delhi
|Fees Structure (Approx.)
|Maharaja Agrasen College
Q1. How beneficial is a career in law?
The legal profession is not only financially lucrative but also exceptionally fulfilling. Effective communication skills, both oral and written, are crucial for a successful career in law.
Q2. Are there any law colleges that admit students without an entrance exam?
There are very few law colleges in Delhi that give admission to students without any entrance exams or personal interviews:
- AURA Institutions
- M.V.N. University
- Chanderprabhu Jain College of Higher Studies and School
- South Asian University
- Indian Law Institute
Q3. Which are the best law colleges in Delhi that do not require CLAT for admission?
- VIPS Delhi – Vivekananda Institute of Professional Studies
- Jamia Hamdard, New Delhi
- Maharaja Agrasen Institute of Management Studies, Delhi
- FIMT New Delhi – Fairfield Institute of Management and Technology
Q4. Which are the best law colleges in Delhi for LLM?
- Faculty of Law, Delhi University
- NLU, New Delhi
- Jamia Millia Islamia
- University School of Law and Legal Studies
- Vivekananda Institute of Professional Studies