About Freakonomics | Bharati College
The “FREAKONOMICS” society of the Department of Economics bears the responsibility of increasing awareness, generating inquisitiveness, and fostering passion among the students and faculty in the field of economics. Freakonomics came into existence in the year 2015 to blend the academic understanding of students with practical knowledge in economic spheres.
“FREAKONOMICS” society is one of the most active society of our college with a rich legacy and history. It is for everyone who is fascinated by the world of Economics. The faculty and students of the Department of Economics helmed the setting up of “Freakonomics” society to provide a platform to experiment with their understanding of real life socio-political and economic issues. In the society, the students discover the extent of their understanding of wellbeing of the society and challenges they face in daily life.
- The Freakonomics society organized an Open Panel Discussion(OPD) on the topic ‘Afghanistan crisis: A Ripple effect on Global economy’. Several reverend guests were invited to share their insights. Our judge for the event was Dr. Apra and our panelist included Mrs. Archana Dixit and Ms. Rimpy Kaushal.
- Besides, enthusiastic student participation was witnessed in the essay writing competition on the theme ‘A bright future or just a fad and Agro Policy’.
- The case study analysis competition- ‘Ace the Case’ provided opportunity to students to explore the policy analyst in them.
- The department organized a Special Online Lecture by Professor A.D.N. Bajpai on the topic ‘Foundations of Economic Policy’ and E-lectures on the theme ‘Covid Pandemic and Indian Economy’ by Professor Shakti Kumar and Bikash Kumar Malick (IES).
- An online short essay writing competition, ‘EPA: Economic Policy Analysis’ engaged the students and the E-Lecture by Dr. Prarthana Aggarwal Goel on the topic ‘Economics of Gender and Crime with special emphasis during the COVID times’ brought forward innovative research areas in economics.
- The department of Economics of Bharati College in association with Indian Economic Association (IEA) organized an international webinar on ‘COVID-19 crisis and realizing the vision of an Atmanirbhar Bharat’ with Prof. M. Prasada Rao, Mr. K. Ktishna Murty and Prof. B. Ramaswamy as distinguished speakers.