About us – P.G.D.A.V. College (Evening)
P.G.D.A.V College was established in 1957 as a constituent college of New Delhi’s University of Delhi, and boasts a long heritage of excellence in education and research, with many alumni achieving worldwide recognition in their fields of expertise and leadership roles in government institutions and private industry around the world.
The Evening section of the college is a pioneering initiative by India’s leading non-profit learning institute, Prasanta Chandra Mahalanobis Institute to provide higher education opportunities for working professionals in evening hours when they are not on their jobs, with special emphasis on quality learning experiences through open book exams, professional guidance and support from highly qualified faculty members, best use of technology and an environment conducive to study within an urban setting at minimal or zero additional cost to students enrolled within it.
Our unique approach operates along an innovative concept where seasoned faculty members impart knowledge to motivated professionals striving for academic honours through transferable FTE credits allowing them opportunities for accelerated learning without sacrificing any part of their profession based competencies over time with start-of-the-art facilities and learning resources affording them convenience along the entire process from admission to earning a degree with pride ensuring that our students are well prepared for corporate challenges awaiting them upon graduation from this esteemed institution.
The P.G.D.A.V. College (Evening) strives to develop its vision of being an inclusive institution for higher education by imparting knowledge and skills, with emphasis on ethical values, in order to foster intellectual excellence, social justice and respect for diversity among all members of the society.
Our mission is to provide a vibrant, dynamic, student-centric learning environment that encourages critical thinking, innovation and creativity while creating a platform to build strong professional and leadership skills to our students. Our main objective is to empower them with the right set of skills so they can be the valuable contributors of this ever-evolving and demanding global society. Furthermore, we want our students to develop a spirit of compassion, integrity and ethical responsibility towards the growth and sustainability of their communities through scholarly activities.
The P.G.D.A.V College (Evening) was established in 1957, with funds from the Delhi Education Trust. The college was among the pioneering evening colleges in the country, and since its inception it has strived to uphold its commitment to facilitate higher education for students from all backgrounds at an affordable cost. The college runs undergraduate and postgraduate courses in commerce, humanities and science streams, including professional courses like BBA, LLB and MBA designed to equip students from diverse backgrounds with knowledge and skills required to fuel their professional aspirations. It also offers diploma programs in a range of subjects such as Computer Applications, Business Management etc.
The college is affiliated to the University of Delhi and enjoys substantial autonomy provided by UGC regulations which allows it to initiate innovative curriculum offerings within the frame of norms prescribed by the University of Delhi. The college provides quality instruction by incorporating best practices adopted in leading educational institutions across the world along with adapting itself with changing curricular needs of Industry. Moreover various student support services are available enabling us to ensure that students’ learning experience is productive, dynamic and engaging; creating responsible citizens of tomorrow From its inception nearly six decades ago 5 Principals have steered this institution towards success providing unwavering academic leadership conducive for students’ holistic development .
Over these years its student body has diversified due to ever-increasing admission intake which stands close 3500 annually making It one of the largest evening colleges in India imparting quality education accessible for masses through latest pedagogical approaches ideas adaptability faculty commitment & administrative efforts An alumni base consisting some prominent personalities adds on further credibility Students are encouraged participate actively in extra-curricular activities various societies associations & forums working efficiently towards social responsibility most sought after destination pros track records placements major players corporate industries The college celebrated its diamond jubilee year 2017 marking yet another milestone achieve!
- Encourage a respectful and inclusive environment for students of all backgrounds to maximize their academic potential.
- Utilize proven strategies for delivering high quality education in an evening college setting, such as engaging activities, multimedia technologies, small group work and individualized student attention.
- Provide career guidance services to support post-graduation career path decisions.
- Develop partnerships with local businesses or organizations to provide internship opportunities to students.
- Foster academic integrity by striving to ensure that all assessments are fair and relevant to real-life scenarios.
- Support student health and well-being by providing counselling services when needed, regular physical education classes and relaxation techniques training.
- Promote research culture among faculty members as well as students by enabling workshops, seminars etc. related to the same regularly.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Financial Planning & Wealth Management
- Post Graduate Diploma in Digital Marketing
- Post Graduate Diploma in Human Resources Management
- Post Graduate Diploma in International Business Operations
- Post Graduate Diploma in Logistics & Supply Chain Management
- Post Graduation Diploma Program Business Analytics
- PGD Corporate Governance
- Advanced Postgraduate Program In Entrepreneurship And Incubation (APPEI)
- English Literary Society
- Eco Club
- Student Council
- National Cadet Corps (NCC)
- Debating Club
- Cultural Committee
- Fine Arts Society
- Photography Society
- Economics Discussion Forum
- Entrepreneurship Cell